Monday 30 November 2015

Film Poster Draft - Alex

Following my film poster research, I have created a poster for our own short film. This is what I have created for the first draft hand-in:

I decided to stick with a darker theme because of the themes/code of our film. Originally, I was going to base the film poster in a bowl, but couldn't find any decent images. I decided to edit a picture of a spoon by covering it in blood. The background is of alphabet spaghetti to fit the conventions of our film, and it ties in nicely with the titling within our film. 
  • I don't particularly like the font used for 'Soup' because it seems inappropriate for the film and almost childish, this is something I will look to edit in my next draft.
  • I'm also not sure about the black background - I used a very opaque image of the kitchen we filmed in, and feel it's unnecessary. I will review this in my second draft. 
  • I really like the simplicity of this short poster, and it doesn't feel overcrowded. This is important for short films; you get a sense of the film plot, but nothing is given away.
  • I also like the professionalism achieved by using the original credit block font and keeping the conventions of mass-produced posters.
 For my next draft, I will look to change the title's font and the background.



 

1 comment:

  1. I like this. The fact that the blood is quite understated works well. The only part that I am unclear about is the outer border with the pasta. It doesn't actually relate to the film if you think about it - so would ditch that. Should the spoon be more of a serving spoon? Do we see the characters using this kind of spoon in the film>? Well done all the same.

    ReplyDelete