Tuesday 8 December 2015

2nd Poster Design & Re-draft - Alex

Draft 1:
After reviewing my first poster, I realised that the overall design didn't quite match my original idea. Instead, I designed another poster that focuses more on the original font we used (alphabet spaghetti). This is also more effective as well as we used this in our title sequence.

I also decided make the background darker and slightly more red to give a sinister feel; the original image was too orange and hid the billing block/actor names.
Everything has been centred to draw the important details to the viewers.

Through audience feedback, it was decided that this was the better poster, but something was missing. So I messed around with a stock image of an eyeball to create this second draft:

Draft 2:
The second draft has a little surprise hidden just below the spoon to suggest a genre, unlike the first draft. This seems to be a nice finishing touch, and will be one of the posters I will put forward to be entered.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely works with the eyeball. Still think that you should ask for audience feedback to see if it has the desired effect - do an unsuspecting public see the eyeball? If they don't, then the poster doesn't work as its function is to provide the audience with just sufficient info, and they need to know that they are to see a thriller.

    ReplyDelete